If you’re an installer looking for the perfect solution to open a property to light and space, you might have considered bifold doors and Ezislide doors. To help any installers decide which is best for their project, we’ve laid out their differences in this handy blog.
Bifold doors feature concertina-style opening, where the individual door panels fold to the left or right and stack on top of one another to leave a wide-open space. Their features include:
- Fabricated using the Visofold 1000 and Visofold 6000 profiles from Smarts aluminium or Ezifold bifold door
- Super slim profiles for contemporary appearance and maximum natural light intake; Visofold 1000 and Visofold 6000 doors have super slim sightlines of 132mm and 94mm respectively.
- Available with square or rounded edges, various colours, including dual colour frames, and a range of handles and hardware, they can be customised to suit a wide range of domestic and commercial applications.
- Equipped with high-quality polyamide thermal breaks, Smarts aluminium bifold doors offer U-values of 1.5 W/m2k and Ezifold doors 1.1 W/m2k
- Security hardware includes multipoint locks on main opening sashes and shoot-bolt locks on floating mullions, ensuring outstanding security.
- Document L compliant and certified to BS6375-1:2009.
- Available with up to 14 sashes and various low threshold options, allowing for easy access.
To view the other features that are available with our bifold doors, design your own using our door designer.
Ezislide doors feature a combination of fixed and moving panels that slide to the left or right to open. A premium sliding door solution, there features include:
- Visible sections of a mere 20mm, resulting in a huge glazing area that allows natural light to flood interiors. An Ezislide Plus variety, which has a glass surface of 94%, is also available.
- Available in a wide range of colour finishes that are guaranteed for 25 years.
- Door sashes are available up to 4m high and 4m wide and the doors can be laid out in various opening combinations with up 6 sashes.
- Can achieve an outstanding thermal performance of 0.9 W/m2k
- Manually-operated and remote control activated variants available. Galandage opening, where sashes are embedded inside the wall, also available.
- Exterior and interior lock-key for manual opening doors, keeping properties secure.
- Opening rails can be integrated into the floor, creating a flush threshold that allows for easy access.
Do you require bifold or Ezislide doors for a domestic or commercial project? Enjoy a free, no-obligation and industry-leading lead times when choosing 6 Day Doors are your aluminium door supplier.
For more information, give us a call on 020 8500 4900 or contact us online.
Related to this post: